Jan 14, 2010

95 lbs of girly evil

It's that time of night again. The hour where I look at the clock and tell myself, "I should have been in bed 2 hours ago, what am I still doing up?", but continue to play the SNOOZE game...just 5 more minutes. Do I have anything interesting to contribute this evening? Probably not, but since it's my blog you will listen to me because I can.

This time of night is often my favorite time. Why? It's quiet. No one bugs me. I can do and watch whatever I want. Usually happens in this order.... try and delete some of the 700-some emails in my inbox until my eyes cross from boredom. After 4 years at a job where I did nothing but answer emails ALL DAY LONG, I tend to neglect my email. When I finally get bored with my email it's a quick check of FB and Twitter, where I spend another 30 minutes catching up on all my celebrity gossip. Between that and inevitably re-watching my favorite DVRed episodes of Gossip Girl, I fill my drama quota for each day. And by drama I mean the downright lascivious and brutal backstabbing only Blair Waldorf can bring.

Which sorta parlays me into my next thought at this late hour....is it just me or does GG suck this season???! TJ and I recently had this conversation. Blair and Chuck have gone soft. I want the there's-so-much-sexual-tension-between-these-two-you-could-gag Chair. Yeah yeah it's great to see them finally together, but honestly I rather enjoyed watching Chuck annoy the hell out of Blair while she did a poor job of pushing away his advances. No one character, as stated in an early post, is more drippily sexy and intriguing than Chuck Bass. And not ONCE this season has he uttered "I'm Chuck Bass." I want Queen B back too. Her attempts to take over NYU have been watery at best. Did the writers forget that if you google revenge you get blairwaldorf.com??? Seriously people I'm tired of watching Serena 's drama. It's BOOORING, but I do thank you for all but writing whiny Jenny out of the show.

Who is this Gaga wannabe on Jimmy Fallon?!! Blasphemy people. Blasphemy.
I digress... So my late night pattern is...check email till eyeballs bleed, check FB, check Twitter, 1/2 watch Gossip Girl/Greek/Glee for daily drama, eat a bowl of cereal. Realize around 1 am I am tired as hell and that the Petite will inevitably be up in 5 1/2 hours. Urgh. Defiantly drag myself upstairs to bed where after moving small dog, who amazingly hogs whole large bed, manage to drift off to sleep.

I suppose I should actually try and get some sleep since I've spent most of the last week sicker than a dog, channelling Darth Vader when I breath because I'm so stopped up, with a voice that sounds like a 1-900 girl. Novel idea that rest and sleep might be the fast track to health.

*bows* Namaste
















No comments: