I have really sucked at orchestrating the taking of professional family portraits in the past several years. Thanks to my mom, we had some really great portraits taken last October and it reminded me just how important it is to mark the passing of the years. With the arrival of our little bean, I knew that I needed to schedule some sitting time. My sweet friend, Lauren, who I know from church. is an amazing photographer. I stalked her business blog and immediately knew I wanted her to do some newborn photos and family photos. We worked out that she would come take pictures in the few weeks after Bean was born, which really was kismet because my Mom would be in town helping us at the time. Cut to the weeks after the baby was born and as they say, "The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry..." Dear Husband and I were so sick, hacking out a lung every couple of minutes, not to mention we looked underslept and overtired. In a nutshell, the newborn photos I so desperately wanted and planned for never happened. It still upsets me.
Spring in Texas is all about one thing...BLUEBONNETS. If you live in Texas, you MUST take some photos in the spring bluebonnets. I cornered Lauren after bible study several weeks ago and prayed she still had some open time to snap some pics before the bluebonnets were gone. This last weekend we met her amongst a field of bluebonnets and the most SPECTACULAR red poppies. Hoppity Hop on over to her blog and have a sneak peak!
No comments:
Post a Comment