My biggest insecurity is my face. There are a myriad of things I see wrong when I look at myself. I pretty much hate every single picture taken of me for the past several years. I have a habit of eluding the camera these days. I shouldn't, because these years with my children are precious. I could pick apart my face and tell you everything wrong with it. It seems, as I've gotten older, that features on my face have become more exaggerated or are different, in bad ways. Example, my eyebrows grow all funny now. I fight with them constantly. Hairs are growing in directions I DON'T want them to go.
I have a terrible tendency of comparing myself to other women. Her eyes are bigger, prettier; her hair is shinier, less crazy and out of control; her teeth are perfect, whiter; her nose is smaller, perkier...it goes on and on. I have a horrible time remembering that God made me ME. Fearfully and Wonderfully made.
I tell my babies how beautiful they are every single day. I don't want them to ever have low self-esteem. I don't want them to be cocky or arrogant, but I want them to know how perfectly beautiful and fearfully and wonderfully made they are.
No comments:
Post a Comment