Jun 2, 2008

belly tattoos

i have to be very very honest and be so thankful that I never got a silly tattoo around my belly button. Goodness, the thought just makes me shiver. My alien is almost gone...but wow, the bruise I have is IMPRESSIVE. There is this 1/2 inch space that looks normal, but then there is this crazy bruise with a purple ring all around my belly button on a chartreuse canvas, with wisps of green and blue and red and magenta. It is truly a work of art my body has created. And there is this part under my belly button where it looks like I took a fork and pressed it into my belly and it left tong bruises. But nothing is quite as interesting as the scab that formed on the incision. WOW! Most impressive scar I think I've seen. I probably had a similar one in other areas after Cam was born....but yeah, not going there. *shivers* I also have this crazy scar tissue that tunnels down my belly button. I'm hoping and praying that it goes away. So back to the tattoo thought....due to the lovely bruise artwork on my belly...and how distorted and CRAZY it looks...i thank my stars I was never stupid enough to ink up my navel.

Random thought: I LOVE Will and Grace because it makes me laugh so hard with it's crass jokes.

Good news on the potty front. Cammi went tee tee in the potty THREE times at school today. We are so proud! Now if we could just get her to go here at home. I so badly want her to succeed for her. And I guess for me too, so I won't feel like such a failure as a mother. Why is it that this one area of parenting can make you feel like you are the worst parent in the world! Every time I hear of another child her age or younger that we know that has successfully mastered the potty, i get this feeling like I want to throw up. My child is SO SMART! Why is it that she can hold it for hours on end, but not actually cut loose in the potty? Please please pray for me to do and say the right things to really motivate her. I don't want to make her regress with my frustration. And the thing is that I'm not even frustrated with her, it's that I'm frustrated with myself. I just want her to have successes. Nothing is better than when she has successes for herself and her little face lights up.

No comments: