So is potty training a toddler more potty training, or parent training? Cause I have to tell you that training myself to take her every 30 minutes, and having the patience to calm her down when she doesn't want to sit on the potty is very trying. I have to remember not to push her. I forget sometimes not to push. Today we had some terrible setbacks and then one HUGE success! 3 wet pair of panties and 2 dirty ones and I was feeling quite frustrated. she didn't want to sit on the potty at all. it was a struggle all day. When Brad got home I was drained and I went upstairs to take a shower. Brad got Cam to have some potty time as I was going upstairs. Near the end of my shower Brad busted into the bathroom like a football team through a run through and with his face all lit up said, "SHE DID IT! SHE DID IT ALL BY HERSELF!" "Crystal, get out of the shower and come look!" So out of the shower I climbed with a towel around me and dripped a path of water through the bedroom down the hall and stairs to where Cam was sitting on her potty in the living room. She had the LARGEST smile and a bowl full of tee tee! It was INCREDIBLE!
The most incredible thing about this is Brad said he was in the Kitchen cutting up the stuff for dinner and Cam was playing in the play room. He said he saw her dart across the play room into the living room and there she pulled down her panties and sat on her potty. He said he heard her completely unleash the floods. I cannot even express how AMAZING it is. One that she finally went potty in the potty, and two that she did it of her own volition without any prompting. Please pray she will continue to do this.
Other amazing things...she ate dinner that I made without complaint and without challenge, or as we like to say at our house, "right away, all the way, in the happy way." Huge deal! She usually freaks out about dinner if it isn't Mac & Cheese or Oatmeal. She started eating it all on her own. We stood there in awe. And finally she asked to be excused all on her own. Seriously!
So hopefully tomorrow will be less about a battle of the Will...iams, and more about her succeeding in potty training and first time obedience.
No comments:
Post a Comment