So much for my resolve to blog about the school year and our adventure into Pre K 4. I have to say that I am busier now than I was when I was working. I find myself at a place now where I wonder if I've over-commited myself to too many things. I love volunteering and I love everything and every cause I volunteer for, but have I taken the joy out of it because I have so much to do. It's funny, when Cammi started school I thought, "Sweet, I'll have 3 days to get done all those things I can't when I have her." Those things included cleaning, scrubbing, grocery shopping, painting my toenails, and maybe just maybe even shaving my whole leg...two of them at least once a week. LOL.
This week I need to get the house clean for all my many parentals who will be coming in from NM. Easier said than done. Before I know it it's time to run and get in the carpool lane to get Cam. Then a marathon trip to the store before meltdown begins. After school consists of a snack to tame the beastie in Cam's belly enough to make it to dinner without issue, throwing some laundry in the dryer to make sure all is well for the next day, and whipping up the dinner of the century. I do love the nights I have my meetings, but I also feel sorta bad for abandoning my family on those nights. Is it abandoning? Who knew that being a stay at home mom of a child in school part-time would be so busy!!! Yet, please don't think I am complaining. I am BLESSED UPON BLESSED! I really do love my life. I love being the one to take my angel to school and to pick her up every single school day. I love being the one to keep a nice house for my family. I love being able to fill my family's bellies with yummy food that I've prepared.
For now I've had to pare down my commitments. Sadly, I won't be volunteering in the Library at PCA until January. I feel so overwhelmed just trying to nail down stuff at home, leading women's bible study, and overseeing the check in desk to actually be of any good help to the library. I'm praying for a little more organization in my brain and my house as the New Year arrives. You know, God has a sense of humor and will add something onto the fire to teach me organization. I welcome it. God use me and mold me into the woman you need me to be to glorify you. Use me and break me to be a beacon of light that you can shine through to others. In everything I do and in every minute I live and draw breathe, fill me with your wisdom and move me to do and say all for your Kingdom glorious father!
No comments:
Post a Comment