Nothing moves me quite like the story of Christ's Crucifixion and Resurrection. Any reading or movie or representation of these two events completely moves me to tears. We had the most beautiful video of the sacrifice and gift our sweet Lord Jesus gave for us, today at church. I sat in my seat with tears streaming down my face for 5 minutes. Whenever I think about what Jesus did for me, for everyone, I am overwhelmed. We see it in glossed over movies, he's taken to the cross, he dies, he is resurrected and we all smile. But have you ever watched the more graphic depictions of what is in the bible? Yes, I think Mel Gibson is certifiable, but The Passion of the Christ really summed up for me the absolute suffering He endured. The scourging, metal and sharp bone, ripping his flesh to ribbons. The Romans beat him to near death. Can you imagine being so beaten, so tormented physically, that you are seconds from death? Then being forced to pick up a wooden beam you are demanded to carry it to the site of your death. I weep as I write this, shuddering at the pain and the sorrow he must have suffered. When I think of the thick steaks driven through his wrists and ankles, I nearly vomit...first at the utter horror of what one human can do to another, out of fear and hatred, then in sorrow and frustration for the physical pain he endured and felt.
The image of my Christ on the cross, so beaten, so fragile, is pure anguish. I think of his mother and the suffocation she must have felt in her chest at seeing her precious angel in such a horrific place, for which she could offer no help. How helpless and frustrated and grief stricken she must have felt. Nothing is more painful than seeing your child in any sort of pain. You automatically want to take that pain from them, no matter the cost. Which is exactly why God gave his son, for the rest of his children. Which is exactly why Christ gave himself for us, to ease our suffering. Oh Lord how magnificent and holy you are, and how unworthy and undeserving am I! Thank you for enduring the unbelievable, the unimaginable for me.
There is nothing more magnificent to me than my Christ who willingly gave his life. I want to live my life serving my sweet God, loving him and loving others.
I love the song "Jesus Paid It All." The chorus reminds me of just what I have in a life with Christ...
Jesus Paid It All
All To Him I Owe
My Sin Had Left A Crimson Stain
He Washed it White As Snow.
No comments:
Post a Comment