A couple of days ago we bought some new cloth diapers for our little bean. She'd outgrown the newborn diapers and we needed to up size. I loved the bumGenius 3.0 AIO (All In One) diapers we have used for the first couple of months, so I was anxious to pick up some more great choices. Thanks to Sharni and Ashley at the The Nappy Shoppe I came home with some fabulous choices. We've been using them for the first time today. Below are my first impressions of the new diapers.
This is a waterproof cover in which you lay the absorbent inserts. I bought some of Sharni's G-Flapper inserts which, after only 3 uses, I can say are FABULOUS!! We buttoned down our cover to the bottom snap, to get them as small as possible. After that adjustment they seemed to fit Bean very well. They took some practice stuffing and getting on, but really seem to be a great alternative to the AIO diapers we used first. Plus, the print we used today (see picture) is SUPER cute and who doesn't love that the little velcro tabs are shaped like hands. Brad observed this precious feature during a mid afternoon diaper change and thought it was a cute touch.
This is a pocket diaper that you can stuff with the appropriate number of inserts you need. For instance, you will probably need more absorbency for night time when the diaper is on the longest, so you can double up inserts. I like the long velcro straps that are covered with fabric. Makes for a tidy look. Plus you can really get the diaper snug on little ones like my Bean. Since we bought the one size diaper, and it's supposed to last up to 35 lbs, it can seem a little overwhelming. We snapped it down to the lower snaps and I stuffed it with both inserts. I realize now that I probably only need one insert for daytime. This diaper seemed so big on her, but it didn't leak at all. I'm anxious to give it a couple of more tries. Another bonus...I bought it in TCU purple.
I loved our bumGenius 3.0 AIOs that we used from birth until now. So easy to use, just like a disposable diaper, but without the waste. Super easy to wash, and they came in a bunch of adorable colors. This time around we are trying out the 4.0 One Size pocket diapers. The idea is the same as the Happy Heinys, that they will last up to the time we potty train. We snapped the one I washed down to the smallest size and inserted both inserts. Other than the fact that she looked like she had a bumble bee butt, from being so stuffed, this diaper held up through a long nap and a feeding. No leaking at all! I think I'll just stuff this with one insert during the day. I decided on the one size BGs to try out the snap closures, over the hook and loop. Pretty easy! The one con I might have so far, which really isn't a con, is that you can only stuff the insert from one side, as opposed to my Thirsties which are stuffable from both ends.
This is a waterproof cover in which you lay the absorbent inserts. I bought some of Sharni's G-Flapper inserts which, after only 3 uses, I can say are FABULOUS!! We buttoned down our cover to the bottom snap, to get them as small as possible. After that adjustment they seemed to fit Bean very well. They took some practice stuffing and getting on, but really seem to be a great alternative to the AIO diapers we used first. Plus, the print we used today (see picture) is SUPER cute and who doesn't love that the little velcro tabs are shaped like hands. Brad observed this precious feature during a mid afternoon diaper change and thought it was a cute touch.
This is a pocket diaper that you can stuff with the appropriate number of inserts you need. For instance, you will probably need more absorbency for night time when the diaper is on the longest, so you can double up inserts. I like the long velcro straps that are covered with fabric. Makes for a tidy look. Plus you can really get the diaper snug on little ones like my Bean. Since we bought the one size diaper, and it's supposed to last up to 35 lbs, it can seem a little overwhelming. We snapped it down to the lower snaps and I stuffed it with both inserts. I realize now that I probably only need one insert for daytime. This diaper seemed so big on her, but it didn't leak at all. I'm anxious to give it a couple of more tries. Another bonus...I bought it in TCU purple.
I loved our bumGenius 3.0 AIOs that we used from birth until now. So easy to use, just like a disposable diaper, but without the waste. Super easy to wash, and they came in a bunch of adorable colors. This time around we are trying out the 4.0 One Size pocket diapers. The idea is the same as the Happy Heinys, that they will last up to the time we potty train. We snapped the one I washed down to the smallest size and inserted both inserts. Other than the fact that she looked like she had a bumble bee butt, from being so stuffed, this diaper held up through a long nap and a feeding. No leaking at all! I think I'll just stuff this with one insert during the day. I decided on the one size BGs to try out the snap closures, over the hook and loop. Pretty easy! The one con I might have so far, which really isn't a con, is that you can only stuff the insert from one side, as opposed to my Thirsties which are stuffable from both ends.Really I bought these with my first ever batch of cloth diapers. I knew when I bought them that they would not fit our little Bean in the first month or two. My babies are little. I was right. We weren't able to really start using this diaper until about a month ago. I happened to put it on her one night and to my surprise it DID NOT LEAK! That's not to say that our other diapers were leaking all over the place, but our morning usually goes something like...wake up around 5 or 6, nurse in the bed, fall asleep, wake up around 8 and nurse again. So Bean's been in her diaper for roughly 10 hours. If I put one of the AIOs on her I would have to change her before we nursed in the early am, or at least right after. The thing is that I like her to go back to sleep after the early morning feeding. Changing her diaper always woke her up and she may or may not have been wet. I was SO excited that the Duo kept her dry. This time around I picked up two more Duos. They are definitely my choice for night diapers, and I love that I can stuff them from either end of the diaper. The only thing I get somewhat frustrated at, and really it's not a big deal unless I'm rushing to wash and dry before she goes down from the night, is that the cotton insert takes 2 cycles to dry.
I'm excited to keep trying the new stash. I recommend cloth diapering to everyone! It really is easier than you think. Seriously, go check out Sharni's shop. She is so helpful and patient and informative. She definitely gave me the confidence to cloth diaper and to enjoy it! Thanks Sharni!

No comments:
Post a Comment