Jan 22, 2011

Private Benjamin

For some time I've been toying with the idea of making my blog a private blog, only to be seen by those who log in. Why, you ask? Why, after 3 years of blogging? The answer, my friends, is my children. I get this icky feeling that some weirdo could be reading my blog and somehow collecting information about my kids. As you know, if you've read my blog for any amount of time, I don't refer to my kiddos by name, only by nickname. However, in the past I have put up pictures of them. Does that invite trouble, I wonder?

There are reasons I prefer to keep it public. It's easier for my friends and family to access; I don't have to trouble my grandparents with a log in if they want to read up on my crazy thoughts; I know I have friends who read my blog but aren't "followers"; I am not so silly as to think that I have some kind of cult following and am a better read than the 20 bazillion other blogs out there.

What are your thoughts dear readers and friends (all 10ish of you)??

2 comments:

Eran said...

I understand the not wanting to make things more difficult on the grandparents and such... but you can set it up to send them an email when you have new content which comes with a link and they are already logged in. Just a thought! I find the same fear with the kiddos, especially now that mine are older. I would think that private is the way to go :)

Gina said...

I struggle with that too but so far I've left my blog open... mainly cause I skip over morr blogs I have to log into..