Apr 27, 2008

Keep Austin Weird







This weekend was all about relaxation and change of scenery. Thank you to my husband for letting me get away on my own for a "girls weekend" with Terra, and flying solo with Cam for 2 1/2 days.

Leaving Friday was crazy. I had to wrestle Cam to the floor like a greased pig to get her dressed and get her on her way to daycare. The minute Brad left she completely melted like an ice cream cone in the August heat. "I want Daddy!" It's good to feel loved. ;) So after an hour of struggling to calm her down and redressing her, off we went to daycare. I wonder how I'll be able to handle her in the coming month, when it's just us. Dear Lord, Father, please please give me patience and grace.

Finally I was off to our State's capitol and some much needed down time. The drive down was nice, and I can say i think i stopped in Texas' cleanest gas station restroom! Seriously, this place was immaculate. And smelled good. And I was NOT afraid to touch anything. The three hour drive was calming and despite getting stuck in one lane traffic between Hillsboro and Waco, I enjoyed the time to myself. This basically consists of me cranking music and singing at the top of my lungs like I'm the next American Idol. Cause, I am! LOL!

On Friday I actually got to go to a theatre to see a movie! This seriously was so exciting. I don't think you realize just how RARELY I actually get to see a movie in the theatre. We saw Baby Mama, which was so freaking funny I nearly fell out of my chair on more than one instance. Amy Poehler and Tina Fey are genius!

Saturday was filled with country music and the best damn pancakes I've ever had! Seriously. If you are ever in Austin, go to The Omeletry. It was this little hole in the wall, with I swear to you, the BEST pancakes ever to grace my mouth and stomach. I got the gingerbread pancakes and Terra got the buttermilk ones. The gingerbread pancakes were great, but you can only eat so many until they become too sweet. The buttermilk pancakes were like no other! Seriously, these pancakes needed NOTHING on them. No butter, no jelly. T and I ate until we couldn't eat anymore. After a nap at home we were ready to go listen to some country music.

We picked up Leslie, Terra's wonderfully sweet friend, and off we went to a park near the UT campus. It was like I'd stepped back in time to my college days. And was it hot out! We saw some crazy things at the concert. Lots of girls in too short skirts and cowboy boots. Let me tell you, it was so bloody hot I couldn't imagine wearing boots. My feet were sweaty enough in flip flops. We had fun watching all the crazy people in their crazy outfits going by and drinking too much. This is just one of the crazy things we saw.
Here we are at the concert...

If you've never seen or heard of any of these bands, check them out.. this is who we saw...
Bleu Edmonson
Wade Bowen
Eli Young Band
Cross Canadian Ragweed
Corry Morrow
Roger Creager

The night ended with a stop at Rounders for some really really wonderful Pizza. Then home for some sleepy.

Sunday I headed back to Frisco, and had more time to just think and relax on the way home. It was good to get back home and it was a great reception from Cam and Brad when I returned.

Thanks to Terra for a great weekend! Thanks to Brad and Cam for letting me take some time for myself.

No comments: