Apr 29, 2008

R & R so far

It's been nice to have some time to rest and relax. Though I seemed to be fighting this nervous energy in myself that I should be productive. I did manage to get about 8 loads of laundry done and now I just need to find the energy to fold the last of it. I look at our house and see all the things I should get done, but honestly, it's so nice to have a quiet house to myself. I'm trying not to feel guilty for sleeping late. Though I sort of do.

Yesterday, for the first time in a long time, I took a nap. It was wonderful. I think I'll try this more over the next month. I fell asleep quite by accident, watching Magnolia (weird movie). When I woke up I felt happy and energized.

Today I tackled the scary cavern in the bathroom, otherwise known as, my side of the closet. I'm slowly getting rid of those pieces that I haven't worn in too long. You know those pieces you just can't seem to get rid of. You say to yourself, " I'll wear this again." And then it ultimately hangs there untouched for another year. So I got really tough with myself and really did get rid of things I haven't worn in eons. I only got half of it done, but I already feel lighter...like after a much needed hair cut. Even better, I found some really wonderful things I forgot I had.

On the health front, I rescheduled my sonogram for later this week. Monday morning was too hairy and scary and I had to deal with a screaming 2 1/2 year old. Trying to get her out the door these days is no easy feat. 7 time outs and 4 spankings later we finally got out the door. I don't know who was more exhausted me or Cam. I seriously have no idea how the teenage years could be worse than the toddler years.

No comments: