Apr 30, 2008

New Computer

Yeah for a new home laptop!! Finally, 6 months after the desktop crashed we are back in business at the Williams' house. No more fighting over the work laptop. So really essentially, this one is mine. ;) This really great guy named Allan, at Best Buy, helped us. He was very kind and patient and full of answers. I sort of equate the computer buying experience for a woman, the same as the car buying experience. The salesman can really treat you like you are incompetent. Allan did a great job of giving me the same attention as Brad and not just talking straight to Brad about it. He also showed us a great printer. We left last night mulling it over and came home to compare to what we could get through IBM. Turns out that it really was going to be apples to apples. We weren't really going to save any money going through IBM.



Returning to Best Buy today was an interesting experience. They guy helping us was a complete, how do I say this nicely, idiot. That is the nicest word I can think of. His customer service sucked. He was rude and short and not at all helpful. I called him out on it and he tried to change his tune. Too late, I was already irritated. When I would ask questions he would act like it was 1) a stupid question, and 2) beneath him to answer. All in all we got the computer and printer and were done with him.



I'm so excited to be able to get my itunes back up, get pictures loaded from the camera, have the ability to work on the budget, work on other projects, and print things from home finally! Well worth the money we paid.



In other news....

Tonight Brad and I got serious about potty training. We've decided that we are going to have to be a little unconventional with Cameran. She doesn't want to sit on the potty. I know once we can get her to actually sit on the potty that we will have success. She is scared of it. Though, she will sit on it at daycare if Hailey sits on it first. So the minute she gets home, we take off the pull up and she goes commando until bed. She held it for 2 hours tonight. We were hoping she would get to the point where she would sit on the potty because she had to pee so bad. She did start to do the potty dance. Poor thing. Alas, no potty. She ended up in time out for being disobedient regarding something else and tee teed on the floor. We're hoping that she will soon realize that she can just sit on the potty. She knows if she goes in the potty she will get some Dora treats (her favorite!) and a toy from her Potty Bag. Please pray for her that she will not be scared to use the potty. Please pray for us that we can be encouraging and consistent. I seriously never thought I'd have a nearly 3 year old and still in pull ups. My one goal on this break, aside from getting healthier, is to get Cam potty trained.

Tomorrow is a full day of packing and trying to get ready to head to NM.

No comments: