Yesterday, I had my laparoscopy surgery. I have come to the conclusion, post op, that I would not like to have a C Section if at all possible. I am hurting muy mucho after my surgery. I have two small incisions, one in my belly button, and one at the top of my bikini line. The one in my belly button is quite painful. I didn't sleep too well last night due to the pain. Also the dogs jumping on and off the bed and Brad tossing and turning didn't help. Every time the bed shook a huge pain would surge from my belly button out to my hips. My pain medication was not doing much but taking the edge off the pain and temporarily knocking me out. I've made a call to Dr. Boyd's office this morning because the pain is increasing and the meds aren't really working. Plus, I am swollen all around my belly button. I have to assume that this is not good. Big prayers please that there is no infection anywhere.
Dr. Boyd found nothing bad. No endomitriosis, nothing bad with my ovaries (whew!), and really not much but a very healthy and clean uterus. So while I am quite happy about all of that, it's slightly frustrating to have gone through all this medical testing and still not understand all these symptoms I am having.
My Hida scan found nothing wrong with my gall bladder. I am leery about my gastro doctor though. He doesn't instill in me a bunch of confidence. So, I am going to seek out a new gastroenterologist for a second opinion on everything. If anyone knows of a good gastroenterologist, please, please let me know.
Enough about my health....let's move on to Cammi. We have been really going gangbusters with her on potty training. It has not been an easy road. I really wanted to have her done by the time I went back to work, but I don't think that is going to happen. In the words of Dave Ramsey, financial guru, we have been moving through potty training with gazelle intensity. Our first challenge was to actually get Cam to sit on the potty. So now I've gotten her to sit on the potty with much incentive. At first I gave her an M & M for every minute she sat there, now it's about every 5 minutes. Also, the concentration is to help her to realize that it's about staying dry and clean. So every 10 minutes or so I will ask her if she's dry and she has to check. She gets a gigantic smile on her face and if she's dry she gets another M & M. The glitch now is that she won't actually go potty in the potty. And let me tell you, my child has an iron bladder. She held it on Saturday for almost 6 hours. Somehow I have to figure out how to make going potty in the potty less scary. I bought 6 books about going to the potty. She loves them all and I think that is helping, plus an Elmo video about going potty. We've been working on an incentive too. She LOVES LOVES LOVES Thomas Tank Engine. She found this gigantic TTE pillow at target shaped just like him. I told her that if she went potty in the potty for 5 days we would get her the Thomas Tank Engine "baby", as she calls it. We bought TTE stickers for her potty chart. Alas, 4 days later we've only gone tee tee in the potty twice. I keep praying for successes. Prayer request for Cammi: to not be scared to sit on the potty and to not be scared to go tee tee in the potty. She can wear panties and hold it for hours on end, but still not much success in the actual potty.
And that is the news round here.
No comments:
Post a Comment