Today was full of lots of to dos before we head off to The Land of Enchantment on Saturday. Calls to various places, filling out of various forms, measuring of car seats, and the imminent mounds of laundry that haunt me to be folded in our hallway. Seriously we are talking MOUNTAINS. I'm usually so good about folding. I just haven't been motivated to do it. However, with our trip, and needing to pack tomorrow, I'm just going to have to wrestle those clothes and hogtie them quick and dirty. I really really just loathe packing. I always over pack. Really, it's Cam I over pack for. I just never want her to be cold. So I tend to bring too much.
Now I have the added complication of making sure our suitcase is under 50 lbs. Seriously don't know how I'm going to accomplish that feat. Wish me luck. I hope I can figure out how to get us both packed without exceeding the weight limit. Getting to the airport and through security should be entertaining. I'm fearing the possible meltdown Cammi has when Daddy can't come through security with us. There should be a loophole that allows both parents to attend to a toddler before boarding a plane. They could call it the "Frantic Mother Clause." It helps maintain the sanity of the poor mother who is about to meet the scariest terror(ist) she or anyone else has ever met...the strong willed almost 3 year old. The one who completely has a mind of her own. Wonder if I could sedate her before flight? Then grab a nice strong cocktail for myself...or 2 or 3. Is that even allowed at 8 am? Guess we'll find out. ;)
Today I reloaded my itunes. I have some serious beef with Apple. First of all, what moronic company doesn't have a customer support line for something as big as iTunes?! After spending 15 minutes on the phone with apple customer support they tell me that they can't help me with itunes. This after I have gone through a 10 minute explanation of why all our music is lost, and my username and password with it, because our computer completely crashed. Seriously, you couldn't have stopped me before my story and said, "I'm sorry, I can't help you." I think she just wanted to hear my frustrated angst. All I could do was send a STUPID email to the customer support. After reaching to the innermost scary and cobwebbed recesses of my brain, I managed to dig up my username and password. Praise Jesus! Though I am slightly irritated that all my purchased music wouldn't load back into my itunes from my ipod. Some crazy error message from lovely itunes that 49 songs were not authorized for my computer. HELLO, I freaking authorized it just as the customer support said too. It said it didn't recognize them. All 49 are Wiggles songs. Trust me, I DID buy these on itunes. Grr! I need to be able to shuffle Big Red Car and Toot Toot people!! You do not want to mess with the 3 year old who says...strike that...exuberantly yells from the back seat, "Mommy, I NEED Toot Toot! Mommy, Big Red Car again!!" Thus my battles with Steve Jobs shall continue tomorrow. I'll be downloading as many episodes of Backyardigans and D-d-d-d-Dora as possible before the big plane ride. Should keep the little one happy for at least an hour.
Well, off to my piles of laundry!
No comments:
Post a Comment